Monday, June 7, 2010

Lincoln's Debut

So, now it appears that Brad Lincoln will make his highly anticipated debut with the Pirates on Wednesday against the Nationals. I guess that Lincoln was not "ready" to make his debut on Tuesday against Stephen Strasburg, a game matchup that would have created much excitement amongst the Pirates' fan base, but he will be "ready" on Wednesday. I guess those 24 hours will make a HUGE difference.

There will be some who will say that at this point, if you don't opt for a Lincoln-Strausburg match-up, why not wait another week and let Lincoln make his first appearance before the home folks at PNC Park? I am sure that GM Neal (should we begin calling him "GM Opie"? There is a resemblance) will have rafts of stats and will justify it in his own nerdy way as to why it's not a good idea to have Lincoln start in Pittsburgh. At this point, I'm just glad to see the kid finally make it to Pittsburgh. I throw my hands up in despair trying to figure the logic of what Pirates management does.

Speaking of GM Opie, I can't wait to hear the Nealspeil (a word I just invented) about whatever future Hall of Famer the Pirates draft in Round One tonight. I'll put the over/under on the word "upside" at 3 and 1/2.

1 comment:

  1. Neilspiel not bad. Won't dishonor Ron Howard with the other. Heard some of NH's non-answers after the game. Can't abide the guy.

    If they pick the shortstop(which seems a good move), how much more will he cost that the DR guy Sano that they lost over a $100,000 or so difference?

    ReplyDelete