Friday, July 2, 2010

Bucs on a Roll; A New Poster; and Moving


A couple of comments to start the month of July...

After a month that can only be described and hideous and pathetic, the Pirates have now won three of their last four games. Not that I'm getting ready for a run at the Wild Card or anything, but perhaps this can be a trend that will (a) keep them ahead of the Orioles and (b) keep them from threatening the 112 loss season of the 1952 Pirates.

A new poster identifying himself as "John Boccabella" as signed in on The Grandstander. Watch for his comments. I guarantee that they will be entertaining to all.

Moving. We have spent the days since returning from vacation packing boxes in preparation for the move to our new home. I never knew how many books we had. If books were dollars, we wouldn't be needing a mortgage! On the other hand, we are learning that great pleasure can be found in throwing something away. Haven't used that widget we've been holding onto for ten years? Into the trash bag! Love it.

1 comment:

  1. For whatever reason, I loved this baseball card when I was a kid. I loved the colorful Montreal Expos hat.

    ReplyDelete