Sunday, December 12, 2010

Steelers 23 - Bengals 7



For the second week in a row, Troy Polamalu plays a key role in leading the Steelers to an AFC North win, this time over the Cincy Bungles.

Through much of the first half, I feared that my earlier thoughts of a trap game would come to pass, but Troy's interception return for a TD (I will not use the term "pick-six"; I hate that term) turned things around, and things went Rooney U's way pretty much for the rest of the day.

I am concerned about the Steelers' offense recent inability to score touchdowns. That will have to change if a long playoff run is to be sustained. I suppose it is all Bruce Ariens' fault. He ought to be fired, and if you don't believe that, just wait 'til all the callers to The Fan get fired up!!

Perhaps it is all the injuries that have resulted in a patchwork offensive line for the Steelers - I don't claim to be an authority on offensive line play - but there is something about this Steelers team, which is very good, but doesn't strike me as very, VERY good team that can sustain a long run through the playoffs. However, I'll put those thoughts aside and just enjoy the ride the team takes us on, no matter how long or short it might be.

1 comment:

  1. Heard a brilliant caller ask Edmund Nelson and Bob Pompiani if they would rather we play Atlanta or Philadelphia in the Super Bowl. Perhaps the caller should watch New England.

    ReplyDelete