Saturday, March 26, 2011

Elite Eight Predictions

Not that my prognostication skills are worth a damn, but, just for sh*ts and giggles, here's how I call 'em:

North Carolina over Kentucky. The Tar Heels are the only one of my predicted Final Four still alive, and I did pick them to win it all, so why go against them now? Although it would be interesting to see Kentucky win and then see if Coach Cal will then be forced to vacate yet another Final Four appearance, and with a third different school to boot.

Arizona over UConn. After that total undressing of Duke on Thursday, how can you NOT pick Sean Miller's Wildcats?

Kansas over Virginia Commonwealth. VCU has been a great story, but the glass slipper breaks tomorrow. As an aside, Kansas is a school for which I have absolutely zero affinity. It's not that I dislike them, more than I just have no feeling at all. Not sure why that is.

Butler over Florida. Logic tells me to pick Florida here, but Butler has been denying logic for two years now in this tournament.

I will then go with UNC over Kansas in the final, thus giving Jayhawk fans even more reason to hate Roy Williams.

As always, watch...but don't bet.

1 comment: