I have seen the trailer for the movie "Going In Style" many times over the past few months, and realized that it starred three old pro actors, Michael Caine, Alan Arkin, and Morgan Freeman, but it wasn't until I read the review on Friday that I knew that another old pro, Ann-Margret also co-starred in this new comedy caper flick. I have long been a fan of Ann-Margret's, and, of course, I made the requisite piggish comments about how she is still "gettin' it done" at the age of 75, as the picture just to the left will verify.
Anyway, it prompted me to visit the Google Machine to do a bit of research on Miss Olsson, and, yes, this "research" did start out as looking for sexy pictures of her, but it did lead to more interesting information. For example....
- Next month, she and her husband, actor Roger Smith, will celebrate their fiftieth wedding anniversary. It is Ann-Margret's only marriage. How about that?
- She has won five Golden Globe Awards.
- She has won an Emmy Award.
- She has been nominated for a Grammy.
- She has twice been nominated for a Motion Picture Academy Award.
- I can also say that I once saw her perform live and in person in Pittsburgh when she played the lead in touring production of "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas".
She will turn 76 later this month, and while her stunning beauty today may be largely attributable to Beverly Hills' finest plastic surgeons, I say, So what? She looks fabulous after a show biz career now in it's sixth decade and, apparently, still going strong.
All in all, when it comes to Ann-Margret, what's not to like?
As "Annie" in "Going In Style"
With Elvis in "Viva Las Vegas"
Who can forget Ann-Margrock
in "The Flintstones"?
In her younger days.