Thursday, August 16, 2018

A Milestone Reached

"The Grandstander" was born on January 8, 2010.  Doing a Blog was going to be a lark, something to pass the time as I entered into retirement. Would anyone read it? Would anyone care? How long would I be interested in doing it?

Eight and a half years later, it is still a lark to me, I still enjoy doing it, and enough of you out there are reading it to make me want to keep at it, and with this entry The Grandstander has now made 2,000 posts on this blog.


When I saw that this post was coming up, I had an idea to just post a list of people to whom we, Marilyn and I, are especially thankful.  However, in mentally compiling said list, it was getting lengthier and lengthier, and, as you know, whenever you compile such a list, you will invariably leave someone out.  So I will just thank all of you out there for being with us, especially over the last year and a half.  If you are one of those very special persons in our lives, you know who you are, and you know why I am saying this.

If you don't know what I am referencing, and you just enjoy reading my thoughts, insights (?), travelogues, Absent Friends obituaries, movie and book reviews, and rants, raves and brickbats about the Pirates, Steelers, Pitt and other sporting entities, thank you for reading.  I'm going to keep at it.  Don't know if there are another 2,000 entries in this brain and these fingers of mine, but, hey, it's a goal to shoot for!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Grandstander. I envy and admire your blog.

    ReplyDelete