Saturday, February 27, 2021

The Goatee and Me

(NOTE: Often times, I produce these posts solely to have a record for something that was or is going on in my life at a given time.  I realize and recognize that such posts may hold little to no interest for those who read them.  This could be one of those posts.  You have been forewarned.)

At one point in January, I went several days without shaving, just out of laziness on my part.  After a few days, I decided to shave but leave my upper lip and chin untouched.  You know, the Major League Baseball Relief Pitcher  Look.  This has been the result.


Not too bad, if I say so myself, and Marilyn likes it, so that's good.  And it answers a question.  Back in the mid-1980's I grew a beard, and it came in dark and brown, even though the hair on my noggin was already mostly gray.  What, I often wondered, would my beard look like if I grew one today?  Now I know.  Anyway, I kind of liked it, and I said that I would stay with it at least through the end of February.

Well, the Wilbon-like goatee has now reached the point where it is staring to grow much like scalp hair.  That is, it needs trimmed.  Which means, I could go to Great Clips and have it done professionally and pay for it, or I could head to Target and buy myself a new set of electric grooming tools.  My inclination is to do neither, so at some point this weekend, it's coming off, but at least now I have an historical record that a Grandstander Goatee once actually existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment