Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Night Thoughts....

  • No trick-or-treaters at our house tonight. One of the advantages of an "Over 55" community. Guess we will now have to eat all that candy we bought ourselves.
  • Steelers on NBC tonight. World Series Game 4 on Fox. A night made for the remote control.
  • I am figuring that the Saints will be hyped up for a national TV game tonight and will be looking to overcome the embarrassment of last week's loss to Cleveland. I'm gonna predict a Saints win tonight.
  • Of course, with the way my predictions have gone of late, that could be good news for the Steelers.
  • I have not watched any football today, but I was delighted to hear that the Packers defeated the New York RexRyans today. 9-0??? That must have been a scintillating contest.
  • I guess the RexRyans will have to now settle for going 14-2.
  • Spent that afternoon at the movie theater seeing the movie "Secretariat." Terrific movie. A week or so ago I posted a YouTube clip of the '73 Belmont that Secretariat won by 31 lengths. I didn't think a movie could ever do justice to such a performance, but I really think that the folks at Disney nailed it. See the movie.
  • If you are of a certain age and can remember Secretariat's Triple Crown of 1973, you might also remember this remarkable picture (I think it was on the cover of Sports Illustrated):




Enjoy the game tonight and Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment