Friday, September 2, 2011

The Pirates Want My Opinion

So, I get an email from the Pirates the other day inviting me to take an on-line survey. They really value and need my opinions, the email says.

So, I click on the link and begin taking the survey. I am 38% into the survey, when it dawns on me that all of the questions up to that point were about the ball park experience, team promotions, give-away items, and post-game concerts. No questions about, you know, actual baseball as played by the team on the field. No questions about the Overbay, Diaz, and Olsen free agent signings. No questions about Ronny Cedeno running out infield ground balls. No questions about Pedro Alvarez' plate discipline.

I really hate it when people say that all the Pirates care about is "fireworks and bobbleheads" because I really and truly do not believe that. However, as I was taking that survey, it made me wonder what the priorities really are at 115 Federal Street.

In fairness, I did quit the survey after 38%, so maybe the player evaluation questions were somewhere in the final 62% of the survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment