Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To Absent Friends: Junior Seau



The news that Junior Seau took his own life today was shocking, to say the least.


Seau is linked to one of my top memories (certainly not one of my best memories) of Three Rivers Stadium.  I am speaking, of course, of the Chargers upset victory over the Steelers in the AFC Championship game following the 1994 season.  Seau was a monster that day.  Sixteen tackles.  I never was in a crowd that got so quiet, so fast as that one did when Neil O'Donnell's fourth down pass at the goal line was batted down and fell incomplete.  Walking out of the Stadium that day was surreal.


Who knows what demons Seau was fighting that caused him to commit this awful act.  I hope that he is at peace now.


RIP Junior Seau.



No comments:

Post a Comment