Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Beatles' Lesser Hits



It has long been a contention of mine that a sampling of any set of recordings made by The Beatles would make great listening.  It's easy to come up with a list of The Beatles' greatest songs, well, maybe not that easy since there were so many of them, but I had the idea of putting together a playlist of some of their lesser known, or at least, lesser played, songs, and calling it "The Beatles' Lesser Hits".

Again, not an easy task, since there are so many great songs and recordings by the Fab Four.  Anyway, here is my list.  Twenty-one songs in all:

  • Hold Me Tight
  • This Boy
  • I'll Get You
  • I Call Your Name
  • No Reply
  • Rock and Roll Music
  • I'll Follow the Sun
  • I'll Be Back
  • I've Just Seen a Face
  • Roll Over Beethoven
  • Johnny B. Good
  • Memphis, Tennessee
  • It Won't Be Long
  • I'm Only Sleeping
  • Girl
  • I'm Looking through You
  • She's Leaving Home
  • Tell Me Why
  • The Night Before
  • Doctor Robert
  • Two of Us
Admit it, YOU want a CD of this for your car, don't you?

Maybe there will have to be a "Volume II" of these lesser hits.




No comments:

Post a Comment