Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Autographed Baseball

In my previous post, I alluded to having a baseball autographed by Chuck Noll.  My friend Tim Baker asked about seeing a photo of said baseball, so here you go....



I obtained the Coach's signature when I was a participant in the Pirates Alumni Golf Outing in July 1992.  Other autographs on that ball are former Pirates Bill Mazeroski,  Bob Friend (right below Noll's), Nellie Briles, Nellie King, Vernon Law, Dave Guisti, Roy Face, Grant Jackson, and Frank Thomas.  

One other autograph on that ball is from the former ball player in whose foursome I played that day.  He was not a Pirate Alumnus, but, rather a former major leaguer who now lives in the Pittsburgh area.  I admit that I was unaware of this guy at the time I met and played with him, but he was very nice gent, and a pleasure to play with. He also was guy who would have a most significant impact on the Pirates in the years ahead, although we didn't know it at the time.  His name is Tom Walker, and one day, many years down the road, his son Neil, only six years old back in July of '92, will one day no doubt be playing in that same Pirates Alumni Golf Outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment