Sunday, August 3, 2014

Outer Banks Vacation 2014

So, we are back from our annual Outer Banks vacation.  As always, it was great trip and a great time.  

I won't bore you with a lot of details and pictures, but here are a few highlights....

Our a annual "Theme Night", which Marilyn and I do (and who am I kidding, you all know that Marilyn does most of the work on this) was a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Beatles arrival in America.  The room was appropriately decorated:



Niece Cale Richards got into the spirit of the night:


And the cousins did their part by recreating an iconic Beatles image:


For the meal, we made fajitas, but I can assure you that they were British fajitas:



We celebrated the upcoming beginning of Zach's college career:



I received an ocean-themed pedicure from Cale:



I made a new friend at the beach...


...and we enjoyed typical beach fun:



And, of course, Marilyn and I dined at our favorite Corolla dining spot:




On a more serious note, we witnessed something we had never seen in our almost thirty years of visiting the OBX -  a lifeguard swimming our right in front of us to pull in two people who had gotten caught in a riptide and drifted just a bit too far out.  Now, THAT was an impressive, and a sobering, sight to see.

So we put another excellent trip to the Outer Banks beaches in the books, and I'll close with this sunset scene from the porch on the first night of our visit:


Spectacular, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment