Thursday, August 24, 2017

OBX Time

It has been two weeks since we returned from the Annual Moellenbrock/Sproule/Stoner/Richards vacation in Corolla, NC, and I didn't want to let any further time pass without commenting on it.

Nothing new really happened for us at the Outer Banks this year, which is one of the charms of this annual trip (this was year #33 for this trip).  Familiar places and routines with people that you care about.

For the most part, we had good weather.  We got to the beach every day, although two of those days were shortened due to rain.  These conditions made for some pretty spectacular photos.



And we had our normal beachhead every day...


For the night that Marilyn and I were responsible for dinner, we had our annual "theme night".  This year, the theme was "Super Heroes"....


Everyone got into the spirit....


I, of course, had my own definition of a "super hero"....


It was, as I said, a good week.  Each year it gets more crowded and the traffic seems to get a little worse, but it is still a week that we cherish.

See you next year, Outer Banks....


1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed being a "beach bum" and I really like your tee shirt...Ali was one of my heroes as well.

    ReplyDelete