Monday, September 16, 2019

Announcing An Exciting New Joint Venture

I am pleased to announce that my pal John Frissora - fellow RMU alumnus, former Highmark co-worker, current owner of the fastest growing health care/employee benefits consulting firm on God's Green Earth, high school schoolmate of John Calipari, and proprietor of Frissora Gaming Enterprises (FGE) - is becoming a regular contributor to The Grandstander for this current National Football League season.

As you may recall, last year I introduced my Grandstander Power Rankings (GPR) for the NFL whereby each week I ranked the Top Four NFL teams, and also included teams that were "knocking at the door".  I limited it to four teams so as to mimic the College Football Playoff rankings.  There was nothing fancy or analytical about the GPR.  They reflect my own personal "sniff test" as to who I think the Top Four teams in the NFL are at any given week.

John, on the other hand, does a weekly 1 through 32 ranking that is highly analytical and metrics based using complex tried and true formulae that John has developed over the years.

Beginning after the games of October 10-14, Week Six of the season (I wait that long to let things shake out in the season), I will be making my first GPR announcement.  Each week, John will be sending me his rankings as well.  I will make my list before I open John's weekly email so as to avoid being influenced by his rankings.  At that point, I will post the comparative rankings in The Grandstander and on Facebook.

We both figure that it will be fun to see how the FGE metrics will compare to The Grandstander's gut instincts.  Those of you who know John also know that he has a flair for cutting edge commentary in any of the events that he runs.  If he is willing to make such commentary on his weekly rankings, I will share the best of those with all of you.

Look for the first rankings on or about October 15, and welcome aboard, John Frissora!!

No comments:

Post a Comment