Thursday, March 10, 2022

A Special Thank You

 

When  Marilyn died last October, I had requested that if so desired, donations could be made in her name to the Highmark Caring Place.  As those of you who know us know, Marilyn and I have served as volunteers there since 2010, and it is an organization that means a lot to us both. 

A few weeks ago, I received a letter from the Caring Place informing me that since October, gifts from fifty-three different donors totaling $4,685 had been received in Marilyn's honor.  What the donors may not have realized is that each gift made to the Caring Place is matched dollar for dollar by Highmark Inc.  Thus, over $9,700 has been raised for this wonderful organization in Marilyn's honor.

All donors will have received an acknowledgement from the Caring Place thanking them for their gift, and I, too would like to take the opportunity to thank all of you who were so generous.  The Caring Place is an amazing and wonderful organization.  No one served it better than did Marilyn in her eleven years as a volunteer, and I know that your gifts in her name would mean so much to her, as they do to me.

Thank you, and let me leave you with the words of the Caring Place Pledge:

"I am here for you.  You are here for me. We are here for each other."




No comments:

Post a Comment