Thursday, September 8, 2022

New York City Souvenir

When we visited New York City earlier this year, I looked to purchase something that would be a special souvenir of that special trip.   I found it when we visited the LEGO Store off of Times Square, and purchased a New York City Skyline kit.    As LEGO models go, this was a relatively simple one.  Four NYC buildings and one other prominent landmark in fewer than 1,000 pieces.  LEGO masters would sneer at something so simple, but for me, this was pretty big deal.  When I was a kid, I had neither the ability nor the patience to build model cars or airplanes, so putting together this three dimensional model of the City That Never Sleeps was a really BIG DEAL for me.

Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, 
Flatiron Building, One World Trade Center

It took me about five and one-half total hours to assemble this, and it will indeed become a special piece of memorabilia from that great trip last June.   We already have an idea as to a special spot to display this LEGO model, which I will share when things come together.

Just to give you an idea of the size of my New York City, I took this picture of NYC with a Pepsi can for scale.



No comments:

Post a Comment