Thursday, November 30, 2023

To Absent Friends - Henry Kissinger

 


I will leave it to others to eulogize former Secretary of State (under Presidents Nixon and Ford) Henry Kissinger, and ponder his place in history.  I will certainly acknowledge his place as one of the foremost leaders and shapers of American foreign policy in the latter half of the twentieth century, but I will let the historians among you debate his contributions, both positive and negative.  Instead, let us pay tribute to Henry K as one of the great Ladies Men of all time, proving that "power is indeed the ultimate aphrodisiac."  In researching for this post, I learned that it was Henry himself who coined that Shakespearian-like phrase.

Henry in his salad days....




Of course, Henry probably had help after consulting with this noted fashionista....

"Always tuck your tie in your pants, Henry."

RIP Henry Kissinger.

Oh, and I will close with offering these three photos of some of the people that HK met with over the course of his life.  I will make no comment, but readers are welcome to give me their thoughts on the juxtaposition presented here.





No comments:

Post a Comment