Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Been Away for a Few Days

I know, I know, you are all wondering why I have not been posting for a few days. For the past week or so, I have had a pain in the neck (no wisecracks, please) that I am calling a pinched nerve. Said condition has made it very uncomfortable to sit at the desk and type on the computer. The fact that I am typing now speaks of some improvement, but I am still not 100%. Suffice to say that I will no longer criticize an athlete for sitting out a game because of a pinched nerve.

On to other things, we are all awash, of course, in Super Bowl media hype. I mean, how many more stories can we read/see/hear about Packers Coach Mike McCarthy being a "Pittsburgh guy"? So I won't add to it other than to say that I think it is going to be a really good game. I will also be following the advice of Andy Rooney, of all people, concerning watching the game. Many years ago I read a column of Rooney's wherein he stated that you will enjoy the Super Bowl more - a lot more - if you skip all the multi-hour pre-game blather and turn the game on right at kick-off and watch it from there. This has proved to be very sound advice over the years. This same advice also works for regular season NFL games as well, which is why I seldom, if ever, watch the pre-game laugh-a-thons on CBS and Fox.

Finally, if you haven't already done so, I refer you to the comments of "The Legend" to my prior post (January 26) concerning Bob Nutting's decision to move the Pirates-Red Sox interleague series from PNC Park to Fenway Park next June. Hilarious stuff!

And to Brother Jim, the picture that you could not identify in that prior post is none other than Bob Nutting himself. Now, you can put a face to the name!

No comments:

Post a Comment