Friday, August 12, 2011

Game Room Olympics II

Today is the second annual Game Room Olympics hosted by my friend John Frissora. Last year's inaugural event was a smashing success, so another good time is assured.

Last year's event had 16 participants in five events: pool, darts, slot car racing, table hockey, and Texas Hold 'em Poker. To my surprise, I managed third place finishes in poker and slot car racing. (The top four finishers in each event wins a coveted GRO Trophy, or "hardware" as John puts it.) However, like the motto of the real Olympics, the honor was in competing, not winning.

For GRO II, the field has been expanded to 18 competitors, and a sixth event, golf chipping, has been added.

Here are my goals for this year's event:


  • To have fun. This is a guarantee.

  • To win a trophy in the golf chipping contest.

  • To have chips remaining when the 60 minute Hold 'em table is shut down.

  • A top 8 finish in slot cars.

  • A top 8 finish in darts.

  • To win one match in pool.

  • To score one goal in table hockey. I have no illusions about actually winning a match. Last year, I went 0-2 in this double elimination event, and was shut out in both matches by huge margins.

I shall let you know how I fared over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment