Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Good Vibrations?


I see on Facebook this afternoon that the Post-Gazette has announced that The Beach Boys, including Brian Wilson, will be touring this year and will be playing at the Benedum in Pittsburgh in May. It will be the first time that Wilson has toured with the group in over twenty years.

I say to myself, The Beach Boys are one of the seminal groups in American rock & roll history, Brian Wilson is one of the all-time great singer-songwriter-musician in rock & roll history, and I have never seen them live. This could be my last chance to make that happen.

Then I recall seeing them perform at the Grammy Awards on TV just this past Sunday night.

Then I think of watching Willie Mays play centerfield for the Mets.

Maybe I'll skip the appearance at the Benedum and just crank up "Pet Sounds" on the iPod.

Wouldn't THAT be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment