Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Things I Am Not going To Waste My Time On

Last week on Facebook I mentioned that I was not going to waste another minute of my life reading or listening to anything related to Mike Wallace and his contract situation with the Steelers.   Life is too short, I figured, and many people on Facebook agreed.

To that list, I will add another:  I will not read, nor listen to, long convoluted analyses on the signability of Pirates first round draft pick Mark Appel.  This also includes any explanations of the new salary bonus structure that restricts how much money teams can pay out to their first ten picks in the entry draft.  Just let me know when the kid signs for multi-millions of dollars and let's see how he can pitch in State College or the Gulf Coast or wherever the Pirates choose to send him.

All that said, congratulations to the powers that be in MLB for putting this "salary cap" of sorts on the major league entry draft.  Those out-of-control, free-spending Pittsburgh Pirates were making it impossible for teams like the Red Sox and Yankees to compete for these kids coming out of high school.  Well, the Red Sox whined enough about how the Pirates drafted and were able to sign Josh Bell last year, so that financial recklessness on the Evil Empire at PNC Park was squashed in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.  

Take that, Bob Nutting!

No comments:

Post a Comment