Tuesday, October 9, 2012

If I Was Bob Nutting....


....here is the VERY FIRST question that I would ask Frank, Neal, and Clint as I begin my "investigation" into the second half collapse of 2012 that not only duplicated, but eclipsed the second half collapse of 2011.

"Well, FrankNealClint," I would begin, "you know how we are always bragging about how we have built up the farm system, how we have established that baseball academy in the Dominican Republic, and, most of all, how we have been so aggressive in paying above slot signing bonuses for our draft choices?  Tell me, please, what have I, Bob Nutting, and it is MY  money that you have been spending here on MY team, gotten for all this money of MINE that YOU have spent?"

We can bitch all we want about Bob Nutting, but I think that he does have a right to ask that question, don't you?

Of course, if FrankNealClint point out the ever increasing amounts of cash coming into Nutting's coffers, maybe that will be OK for old Bob.  If he cares about winning as much as he says he does, then maybe the answer to that question might lead to something, anything, happening that might improve the lot of this ball club.

Or, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment