Here is what yesterday's Pirate trade for Justin Morneau - and the trade earlier in the week for Marlon Byrd and John Buck - means.
- ...that the Front Office has lived up on it's promise to do what needs to be done once all of the building blocks were put in place in the franchise infrastructure
- ...that Bob Nutting opened up his wallet and spent money, significant money in the case of Morneau, to put the pieces in place for a serious post-season run
- ...that maybe, just maybe, Neal Huntington has been right all along in his "plan" to make the Pirates a contender (and regular readers know that The Grandstander has been a huge NHR critic in the past)
- ... that in terms of the 2013 season, Nutting, Coonelly, and Huntington have done their jobs
- ...that the Front Office has given Clint Hurdle, to the largest extent possible, the tools he needs to succeed
- ...that it is now up to the players on the field to finish the job
Right now, there is a pennant race to enjoy.