Thursday, June 4, 2015

NBA Prediction - Warriors vs. Cavaliers


The NBA Finals begin tonight, to much ennui here in my hometown, but I, for one, am anxiously anticipating this series between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors.  More importantly, I anticipate the match-up between the star players of each team, Stephen Curry and LeBron James.


Personally, I will be rooting for the Cavaliers, and for the following reasons:

  1. I really like LeBron James.  He may well be the greatest player ever so sometimes you just root for sheer greatness, or at least I do.
  2. I once lived in the greater Cleveland area (1974-78) and rooted for the Cavs back in those days.
  3. I have a lot of friends who live in the Cleveland area (you know who you are).
  4. I once owned a Chevy Cavalier.
  5. It's not like you're rooting for the Browns!
As for my prediction, while the Cavs have the best PLAYER in the NBA  in James, I believe that the Warriors are a better TEAM than the Cavs, so, despite my rooting interest, I am going to predict the Warriors will prevail in this series, and that it will go the full seven games.  Despite my rooting interest, the Warriors, and Steph Curry and coach Steve Kerr in particular, seem to be a likable group, so it won't be a huge disappointment if they win what I am sure will be an entertaining Series.

As with all Grandstander predictions, watch, but don't bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment