Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl - The Winner Is....


Okay, okay...I am not going to force the world to wait for The Grandstander's prediction for the Super Bowl. I won't wait until tomorrow, so I'll give it to you right now.

I am predicting the following....
  • A high scoring game (I'm not sure what the official Over/Under is, but if I was in Las Vegas today, I'd drop a sawbuck or two on the Over) that will not be decided until late in the fourth quarter.
  • That I will develop a major tension headache while watching this game.
  • One run of 30 or more yards for Rashard Mendenhall.
  • A total of five TD passes between Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers.
  • That Bud Light will follow a season long effort of great commercials with at least one blockbuster commercial during the game.
  • Another great E*Trade baby commercial, but not one that will surpass the "Shankipotimus" commercial of two years ago.
  • Interceptions for both Troy Polamalu and Clay Matthews.
  • A defensive touchdown by the Steelers.
  • At least one pass of 40+ yards from Ben Roethlisberger, probably to Mike Wallace.
  • A Hines Ward touchdown.
  • At least a dozen arrests for public urination on the South Side.
  • That Ike Taylor will drop one sure-fire interception.
  • No special teams touchdowns for either team.
  • At least one mention from the Fox broadcasters of Mike McCarthy's "Pittsburgh roots", with perhaps a picture of Mike when he was an unpaid assistant coach at Pitt.
  • A Steelers victory, and a Super Bowl MVP award for Ben Roethlisberger.

You heard it all here first, folks. Enjoy the game, and, as always where my predictions are concerned, watch, but don't bet!!

1 comment:

  1. GS: I'll co-sign on the high scoring game. It was in week 15 of the 2009 season that these teams played a 37-36 game and now they're on the fast track in the Jerry Dome. The over/under is 45 but more fun prop bets are ones such as the over/under on the length of Christina Aguilera's national anthem (1.54) and the number of times the FOX announcers will mention Brett Favre (2.5). And I'm sure we'll have to hear Bradshaw on the pre-game say that he has now mended fences with Ben. (Who cares?) And oh yeah..... If the Steelers need a big defensive stand in the 2nd half, I'm expecting the iPod at the Grandstander Estate to have "Renegade" cued up and ready to go!!

    ReplyDelete