Monday, May 2, 2011

Something to Think About Today

My SABR and Facebook friend, Father John Hissrich, made the following post on Facebook this morning. He titled it "Thankful, if not Jubilant", and I think it worth sharing:

Please pardon me if I don't join in the general rejoicing and the festivities. I'm glad bin Laden is gone from the scene, and I pray that the world may now be somewhat safer. At the same time, any situation which brings us to the state of rejoicing over the death of a human being is a tragedy. Bloodshed may at times be unavoidable, but it is still tragic. We can be thankful for the brave military who defend us and can congratulate them on doing a difficult job well. But let us be careful not to lose our own humanity.

Thanks, Fr. John.

1 comment:

  1. I had some similar thoughts, though not as eloquently formed, at some of the reactions.

    ReplyDelete