Friday, August 12, 2011

Gane Room Olympics II -So, How Did I Do?

How did I fare in GRO II relative to the goals I set forth to myself this morning:


  • To have fun. This is a guarantee. - Absolutely!! A great time.

  • To win a trophy in the golf chipping contest. - No trophy, but I did score points in the event, so it wasn't a total failure.

  • To have chips remaining when the 60 minute Hold 'em table is shut down. - This didn't happen :-(

  • A top 8 finish in slot cars. -Made it. finished in 8th place overall.

  • A top 8 finish in darts. - Made it. Finished fifth overall. This was an exciting event. I won three matches, including a win over the eventual overall winner in this double elimination event.

  • To win one match in pool. - Didn't happen. Lost my only match and still had three balls on the table when my opponent dropped the 8-ball.

  • To score one goal in table hockey. I have no illusions about actually winning a match. Last year, I went 0-2 in this double elimination event, and was shut out in both matches by huge margins. - Made it. Although I lost my only match, I did score a goal!! Final score was 4-1.
Overall, not too bad a performance, so it was another successful and fun event.

My buddy John Frissora and his wife, Dana, go above and beyond the all of duty in putting this event togetrher ands hosting it. A thousand thanks to them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment