Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The NFL - Looking Back and Looking Ahead

In my preview of the NFL in this space last September 9, I wrote the following:

In the AFC, the Steelers, Patriots, Jets, Ravens, and maybe the Chargers are all going to be pretty good. Also, with Peyton Manning out for up to three months, the Texans might finally sneak into the playoffs.

In the NFC, the Packers, Falcons, Eagles, and Saints are all going to be good.From those ten teams listed above, the two Super Bowl participants will emerge. There you have it, and that's as far out on a limb as I am gong to go. If you want more than that, read Peter King!

Here are a few more predictions: The Lions are a dark horse in the NFC, and could sneak in as a wild card.

The Bengals, Browns, Bears and Redskins will all stink.

Phillip Rivers will receive accolades galore but the Chargers will still not make it past the first round of the playoffs.

So, okay, I was right on the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, Saints, Falcons, and Packers, and I still think that the two Super Bowl participants will come from among those teams.


I also had both the Lions and Texans as playoff teams.



I was wrong on the Eagles and Jets, both of whom failed to make the playoffs. So much for the Philly "Dream Team", and don't we all just feel so bad about Rex Ryan not being on stage for the playoffs. Won't be surprised if some network hires him on as a guest expert commentator for the playoffs, though.



I was wrong on the Bengals, who made the playoffs, and right about the Bears and Redskins, who did, indeed, stink.



I was right and wrong about the Chargers. Philip Rivers continues to get love from everyone, but the Chargers weren't very good and failed to make the playoffs.


And I never saw the 49'ers coming!



Later this week, I will make my calls on this weekend's playoff games.

No comments:

Post a Comment