Tuesday, August 27, 2013

To Absent Friends: Ted Post

OK, before I read the paper this morning, the name Ted Post meant nothing to me, either, but, as I have often said, the news obits can be the most interesting part of the newspaper. Turns out that Mr. Post, who passed away recently at the age of 95, was a movie director of some minor note, having directed about a dozen or so feature films, the most noteworthy being Clint Eastwood's "Hang 'em High" and "Magnum Force", but it turns out that he really made his bones in show biz by directing hundreds - yes, I said HUNDREDS - of episodes of series television including such shows as Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Peyton Place, Twilight Zone and many, many more.

So chances are at some point in each of our lives, we had been exposed to the work of Ted Post and were never aware of it.

Don't know about you, but stuff like that fascinates me.

RIP Ted Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment