Monday, August 19, 2013

What's On TV Tonight?

After a ten day stretch wherein the Pirates went 2-7, and lost three extra innings games in what can only be termed excruciating fashion, I am going to turn my attention tonight, for really the first time this summer, to the Pittsburgh Steelers and their exhibition (I refuse to use the NFL-mandated term for these games) game against the Redskins tonight.  I did catch bits and pieces of the game against the Giants last week, but plan on paying a bit more attention to this evening's game.

I am particularly interested in seeing the heralded rookie running back Le'Veon Bell, if, that is, he is deemed healthy enough to play.  This was a position in which the Steelers were deficient last season, so I am anxious to see how he performs.

I am also anxious to watch first round draft pick Jarvis Jones of the University of Georgia.  No less an authority than a kid working in a t-shirt shop in Hilton Head, SC told me last April that the Steelers got "a hell of a player" when they drafted him.

As for the Buccos, I am determined not to lose faith, but I am also glad that these next several games will be on the west coast, which means I will probably be in bed as they are being played, and I will miss most parts of them.  My nervous system needs a break after this last stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment