Saturday, February 1, 2020

Super Bowl Prediction


Like many of you out there, I, too, am looking forward to the annual exercise in bacchanalia that is the Super Bowl.  As is my custom, I will not wear myself out by watching the five or six hours of pre-game bullshit that will be shown on Fox, ESPN, or other networks.  As has been our custom, we will either head out to the movies in the afternoon, or watch one on TV to "prepare" for the game.  I will probably tune into the Fox telecast around 6:00 to catch a bare minimum of pre-game hoopla and then settle in to watch the game, which is set to kick off at 6:30.

I am offering one interesting "prop bet" for your consideration:

The Over/Under on number of Vituperative Comments about Joe Buck Across All Social Media Platforms has been set at 1.7 Billion (with a B) Snide-Snarky-Hateful Comments.  I'd definitely go with the OVER on this one.

As for the game, I am looking forward to a competitive and exciting game.  Great defensive team in San Francisco.  Explosive offensive team in Kansas City.  The 49'ers can run.  The Chiefs have perhaps the best and most exciting offensive force in football in quarterback Patrick Mahomes. 

I think it's going to be a fun game to watch, and I'm calling it for the Chiefs to win their second Super Bowl, and even fifty years after they won their first one in Super Bowl IV....

(Allow me to interrupt here with a personal memory.  I watched the Chiefs defeat the Vikings in that long ago Super Bowl on a black and white TV in a dormitory at Slippery Rock State College.  Lots and lots of water under many bridges since then.)

....okay, where was I?  Oh, yeah, the Chiefs to win it in a high scoring affair.  An MVP for Mahomes, and good Guy Andy Reid finally gets a win in the Big One.

Enjoy the Game, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment