Friday, October 22, 2010

Congratulations to the Rangers



Congratulations to the Texas Rangers upon winning their first pennant. It was no fluke. That was thorough beating of the defending champs in this Series.

To Loyal Reader and Big Brother Jim, my condolences. I'm sure you died a thousand deaths watching tonight.

To Loyal Reader and SABR Friend Madison, I am guessing that Will and you were rooting for the Yankees, but it had to be exciting to be there tonight. That had to be a terrific experience to be in that crowd in Arlington.

As for The Grandstander's reputation as a prognosticator, well, it takes another hit tonight. You will recall that I called for a Phillies-Yankees World Series with the Phillies winning. I may still be half right. Should the Phillies come back against the Giants I will stand by my pick, but I certainly have a lot of respect for the Rangers. That is a very good line-up that put out there, and the pitching certainly dominated the Yankees.

Am looking forward to game Six in Philly tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment