Friday, February 15, 2013

A Pirates Logo Suggestion

As you all know, the Pirates will be changing their "jolly roger" logo for the 2014 season, and are even conducting focus groups from fans, season ticket holders,, etc. to come up with ideas for the new logo.

An old Highmark buddy of mine, I will only call him "Al B." here because I am not sure he wants his full name out there in cyber space, has come up with a great idea, and I will quote it here:

Regarding their search for a new logo…..I’ve had it for a number of years. And now with the signing of Liriano and all of the other reclamation projects..…it’s more appropriate than ever: New Logo: The Statue of Liberty…..place an eye patch over her eye…..put a bandanna on her head….stick the Jolly Roger flag in her hand….and alter the description to say something like: “Give us your tired…. lame…. over-the-hill…… inept….. busted amateur first-round draft picks. We lift our lamp beside the Golden Ballpark”.

 I don't know about all of you, but I like it.  Thanks, Al!

No comments:

Post a Comment