This fish fry has a lot going for it:
- Terrific food and large portions
- Holy Trinity and the ASC have been running this event for at least the last thousand years or so, so they know how to do it right
- Games of chance: "Chinese Auction"-type raffles available. They do need to consider having a 50/50, though.
- Unlike a fish fry in a church building, the Serbian Club has a bar. So, if you feel inclined to wash down your fish sandwich with an ice cold Iron City, as The Grandstander felt yesterday, you can do so.
- This fish fry starts at 11:30 every Friday, so you can hit it up for lunch or dinner.
There are only two more Fridays left in this Lenten season, so if you are in the South Side area on one of those days, consider hitting up the ASC for their fish fry. You won't regret it.