Saturday, January 18, 2014

And Speaking of Amy Adams....

I mentioned actress Amy Adams in  a previous post, and it brought to mind a story about her, or, actually, a story about research methods now in place in the 21st century.

A few years back, I was putting together a research presentation for SABR about the 1909 World Series between the Pirates and Tigers.  I used Google Images to find pictures of long ago ballplayers like Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, and Pirates rookie pitcher Babe Adams.  And if you have used Google Images yourself, you will  not be surprised that it was possible to find many pictures of Babe Adams, but it also led me to a picture file of "a Hollywood babe, Amy Adams".  Well, I couldn't resist, and I included, not this exact picture, but one very similar to it, in my 1909 World Series power point presentation of

HOLLYWOOD BABE, AMY ADAMS



I am not sure that some of the more sober-sided SABR members appreciated it, but I think that most people did!



No comments:

Post a Comment