Saturday, January 18, 2014

Movie Review: "Her"


So, we took in the movie, "Her", yesterday.  Set in the "future", this is a story about, well, let me turn it over to my friend Mark Matera for his description of the movie:

Very telling exposition of current and future relationship between man and machine."

Yes, it is about a lonely guy, played by Joaquin Phoenix, who falls in love with his computer's new artificially intelligent Operation System, voiced, and very sexily, I might add, by Scarlett Johansson.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am not a "sci-fi guy", and this movie, I believe falls very much in the realm of science fiction.

Very good acting by Phoenix and by Johansson, even if it is only her voice that you hear, and getting a chance to see Amy Adams is always well worth it in my book, so on that level, I'm glad I saw this movie.  On the other hand, when it comes out on DVD, I will not be rushing down to the Redbox so I can see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment