Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Conference Championships - Predictions

As I mentioned in a post the other day, in my beginning of the NFL season write-up, I predicted that the Broncos would defeat the 49'ers in the Super Bowl, and incredibly, it is still possible for this very prediction to take place.  

Now, I should just be a man of my convictions and let that stand and predict Denver and San Francisco victories in the conference championship games tomorrow.  

But I am not going to do that.  I am going to take a mulligan here and make separate predictions for this weekend.  Thus, I will be able to give myself two separate opportunities to say, "see, I got that one!"  Isn't that what all the talking heads on television do?

Seriously, after seeing the Round Two games last week (by the way, I went 4-0 in my predictions on those four games last week, boosting my record to 6-2 for this post-season, and assuring myself of a winning record), my biggest take-away was the performance of the Patriots in crushing the Colts.  Hey, I am a big fan of Peyton Manning, and I will be rooting for him tomorrow, but I just feel that the Patriots will be too much for the Broncos.  Bitch and moan about Bill Belichick all you want, but the guy gets it done.  And it helps when you have Tom Brady as your quarterback.

The 49ers-Seahawks game looks to be a good one (as does the Pats-Broncos).  Another take-away from last week is that the 49ers are a very chesty bunch and hard team to root for. On the other hand, Pete Carroll is a hard coach to root for, so I am not all that sure about for whom I am going to be cheering in this one tomorrow.  If I can recall, Seattle clobbered the 49ers at home this past season, and lost closely to them in SF. The game is in Seattle, which, by all accounts may be the stadium with the largest home field advantage in the NFL, so I am going with the Seahawks in this one.

Thus in two weeks, your super Bowl will be....


VS.

(I have always preferred the old school Pats logo!)

As always, watch, but don't bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment