The Halftime Show
Yes, the Lady Gaga Halftime show was overblown, overproduced, and a complete sensory overload, but here is something else it was - totally entertaining and totally enjoyable. Lady Gaga is complete and total musical talent. Great voice, great stage moves and presence, and beautiful to boot. Her show lasted thirteen minutes and I could have watched at least another half hour of it. It was great.
Quick and random thoughts...
- The Intel commercial with Tom Brady had a funny ending
- Like the #weaccept piece
- Liked the 84 Lumber one. You had to go online to see the full thing.
- Liked the Justin Bieber one for T-Mobile that also featured Rob Gronkowski and Terrell Owens
- Liked the Honda CRV bit with celebrities' year book photos
- Liked the one with Christopher Walken and Justin Timberlake for some sort of beverage
- The Terry Bradshaw Tide commercial was a good one
- LOVED the Mr. Clean commercial
- LOVED the Verizon ones with the fifty shades of gray theme
- Peter Fonda "Born to be Wild" bit for BMW (or maybe it was Mercedes Benz)
- I never, not once, watched the TV show "Baywatch", but I just might have to go see the movie version with Dwayne Johnson
- Melissa McCarthy for KIA...very funny
- Oh, and that Fabreze Halftime Bathroom Break one was a great one if you have the mind of a fourth grade boy, otherwise, pretty disgusting.
And finally, a salute to our forty-first President, George H.W. Bush and Mrs. Bush at the coin toss. Thank you, Mr. President.