Thursday, July 18, 2019

"Toy Story 4"


I am not going to give a lengthy review or plot synopsis to "Toy Story 4", but I will tell you this much:

Of the movies that I have seen in 2019, it is my favorite one thus far.  It unhesitatingly gets Four Stars from The Grandstander.

"Toy Story 3" of a few years back was a wonderful movie (it won two Oscars), and it seemed to bring the story of Woody, Buzz, and their friends full circle.  You didn't think that there was anything left to tell.  The cynics among us might have suspected that a fourth movie in the series would be just another attempt by the Disney/Pixar to wring more dollars out of the pockets of the movie going public.  Not that Hollywood would ever do something like that, right?

I am happy to say that those cynical thoughts are wrong, wrong, WRONG.  TS4 is a charming story that delivers a great message, has animation that is positively stunning (much of the action takes place in a dusty old antique shop and in a seedy carnival, and the detail is absolutely amazing), and the acting of the characters voiced by Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Joan Cusack, Key and Peele, Christina Hendricks, Keanu Reeves and others is fabulous.  Yes, I did say the "acting" of the animated characters.  They were great!

Bring a tissue or two for like Mrs. Grandstander, and yes, me too, you will tear up a time or two during the show.  And stay for the credits.  I mean until the VERY END of the credits.  You will be glad that you did.

Like I said, Four Stars from The Grandstander.

No comments:

Post a Comment