Thursday, July 25, 2019

Update On The "Jack Sell Affair"

I just want to briefly update my post of earlier this morning over Joshua Axelrod's article in this morning's Post-Gazette on Chuck Noll's first Steelers training camp wherein former PG Steelers beat writer Jack Sell, who was quoted extensively in the article, was misidentified several times in the article as "Jack Sells".

Shortly after making my post, I sent an email to Mr. Axelrod and pointed out the error.  He promptly and politely responded and acknowledged his mistake, stating that it was a "silly mistake on my part".  He told me that the online version of the story was immediately corrected, and that a correction will be printed in tomorrow's print edition of the paper.

So that puts that to bed.

Josh Axelrod is the son of the late Post-Gazette sportswriter Phil Axelrod and current PG features writer Sharon Eberson, so he comes from good newsie stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment