Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New Stamp Honoring Ronald Reagan



The post office unveiled a new stamp that will be released in February in honor of President Reagan's 100th birthday.

It is a nice looking stamp and a great likeness and a nice honor for Ol' Dutch.

This also brings to mind when the Postal Service issued the stamp for Richard Nixon back sometime in the mid-90's. I recall my Dad sending me something in the mail using the Nixon stamp. Right next to the stamp Frank had added a word balloon with the words "I am not a crook."

2 comments:

  1. And I can remember - and almost hear - your Dad's laugh after (probably) calling you and asking "Did you get my stamp?" Definintely a good gag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was there a man in a boat fishing drawn on the back of envelope?

    ReplyDelete