Sunday, December 5, 2010

Steelers 13 - Ravens 10

  • OK, so my pre-game prediction was wrong, and this time I am glad to say so.
  • I take back - for now - what I said at halftime about Isaac Redman.
  • I don't take back what I said about Bryant McFadden.
  • Troy Polamalu - The Play of the Game!
  • Ben Roethlisberger - never was an incomplete pass so impressive, or so important.
  • The non-call on the Roethlisberger broken nose play and, especially, on the Heath Miller concussion play. The conspiracy theorist wing nuts will be in a lather over these two non-calls, but James Harrison said it correctly in the post game interview.
  • Interesting that Dan Rooney was in from Ireland for this game. Think all the talk this week about officiating had anything to do with that?
  • Had the Steelers lost this one tonight, I was ready to write them off as a serious threat to go deep into the post-season. Now, I may have to rethink that position.
  • Chris Collinsworth had a great line near the end of the game: "These two teams could line up against each other 16 times a season, and I'd watch every one of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment