Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pheasant Ridge, Pitt, An Absent Friend

Three quickies:

I had a most enjoyable round of golf today at Pheasant Ridge Golf Course in Gibsonia.  It was the first time that I had played at Pheasant Ridge, and I really liked the course.  It is one that i would definitely like to play again.  I played fairly well (103) by my standards, but the best part of the day was playing once again, for the first time in several years, with former co-worker and long time golf partner Bill H.  A truly fun day.

As an aside, one drawback to Pheasant Ridge was that there were no water coolers on the course.  This is not unique to Pheasant Ridge, as I have noticed that water jugs on golf courses this summer have gone the way of metal spikes.  You just don't see them anymore, and I think that this is not-so-nice treatment of the paying customers.

I am looking forward to watching Pitt play the Cincy Bearcats tonight.  An important game for the Panthers after that very poor showing against Youngstown State last week.  

Absent Friend:  Art Modell died today at the age of 87.  Once he bought the Cleveland Browns from Paul Brown back in the 1960's, Modell became one of the movers and shakers in the NFL, but for all of that, he will be remembered foremost for moving the Browns out of Cleveland to Baltimore.  The City of Cleveland never has and no doubt never will forgive that sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment