Saturday, January 13, 2018

Playoff Predictions - Round 2

Taking his 3-1 record from last week, The Grandstander makes his predictions for Round Two of the NFL Playoffs.

Falcons vs. Eagles.  The Eagles played their way to the best record in the NFL, but lost the quarterback, Carson Wentz, who got them there late in the season, which is a shame.  Still, a lot of experts are saying that the Eagles are still a real good team, and that taking the Falcons in this one is a sucker bet.  Maybe, but I thought Atlanta looks pretty good last week, and they did actually play in the Super Bowl last year, and when you compare quarterbacks, Matt Ryan comes out way ahead of Nick Foles.  The FALCONS over the Eagles in the "Birds of Prey Bowl".

Titans vs. Patriots.  Do I have to expend a lot of verbiage on this one?  The PATRIOTS to win easily  in this one.

Jaguars vs. Steelers. Yep, I remember 30-9 last October, but do you think that the Steelers will be held to only three field goals this time? I don't.  Do you think that Ben Roethlisberger will throw five interceptions, two of them for touchdowns this time.  I don't.  It might not be easy - these Steelers don't often do "easy" - but I still see a comfortable win for the STEELERS this time around.  This sets up a Steelers-Pats rematch in the championship game, just as everyone predicted back in September.  Why did they bother playing a full season?

Saints vs. Vikings.  Could be the best game of the weekend.  I admit that I don't know a lot about the Vikings, but I read and hear that their defense is formidable.  Still, when I am not well informed, I will make my pick based on the quarterbacks, so I am picking Drew Brees and the SAINTS  to win this one.

There you go...FALCONS, PATRIOTS, STEELERS, and SAINTS to win this weekend.  Enjoy, and, as always, watch but don't bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment