Monday, October 29, 2018

My Collectables

As much as I love sports (you knew that, right?), I am not one for accumulating collectables, autographs, or memorabilia.  About the only such thing that I have is a large album....


that contains and displays post cards of all members of the Baseball Hall of Fame.


I bought this album and a complete set of postcards when we visited the HOF in Cooperstown back in 1999.  Each year, I purchase the postcards for the new HOF enshrinees.  In three of those years, 2001, 2011, and 2016, I purchased the additional cards when we revisited Cooperstown.

Today, the cards for the Class of 2018, Vladimir Guerrero, Trevor Hoffman, Chipper Jones, Jack Morris, Jim Thome, and Alan Trammell arrived.


I will carefully place this cards in the album and return the album to its spot on my bookshelf.  Someday, many, many years from now, I hope, I will be in that great Grandstand in the Sky, and some great-niece or great-nephew of mine will come across this album and probably say something like, "Well, what in the hell are we going to do with this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment