Monday, March 22, 2010

First Round of the Season

I am delighted to report that I played my first nine hole round of golf of the season at Clover Hill this afternoon. More importantly, this was my first post-surgical round of golf, and all feels well.

Now, to bore all of you: I parred the very first hole (111 yard par 3). What an opening! Even more exciting for me was making par on the 319 yard par 4 ninth hole (sinking about a 14 foot putt to do so), a hole that always plays very difficultly (for me anyway).

Full disclosure: I did allow myself a couple of first-round-of-the-season mulligans off the tee early on, so that 43 deserves an asterisk. However, I putted everything out on the greens. No gimmes!

Also, at 1:30 on this Monday afternoon, I walked right on to the course and finished up in an hour and ten minutes. Retirement is GREAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment