Friday, September 30, 2011

Division Series Predictions

Here you go, short and sweet, predictions for the Division Series:


  • Yankees over Tigers

  • Rangers over Rays

  • Phillies over Cardinals

  • Brewers over Diamondbacks

No special analysis on these picks. I'll save those for the LCS's.


I will say this, I am looking forward to the Sabbathia-Verlander pitching match-up tonight. This is kind of like seeing Koufax go up against Marichal back in my formative years. Let's hope it lives up the the expectations.


Let's hope for a full five games for each series!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with two of your picks. I would like to see the Rays and the Diamondbacks win their Series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a short series, such as the these four series, all are a crap shot. I won't be surprised no matter which four teams survive and move on to two championship series. Having said that, my picks to move on are Yankees, Rays, Phillies and D'Backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, a friend on Facebook was razzing me on picking chalk in all four series. Since I spent about 45 seconds analyzing these picks, I fell back on an old axiom: " The fight is ot always to the strong, nor the race to the swift, but it's a good way to bet."

    Strangly enough, on reflection, the series I feel least confident in is the Yanks- Tigers.. NY won 100+ this year, so I'm not sure why I feel this way. On the other hand, if the Yanks beat Verlander tonight, that could be the end for the Tigers.

    ReplyDelete