Thursday, September 1, 2011

High Octane Opener

While out driving in the rain this morning, I heard Pitt Coach Todd Graham interviewed on The Fan. If you have heard Graham and all of his "high octane" schtick, you know that he is corny and cliched, but I have to confess that I kind of like it. Certainly, Graham runs the risk of being ridiculed for all of the bluster and high octane stuff (high octane bluster?) should the Panthers stink up the joint, but you have to like his enthusiasm and optimism, especially as it contrasts to the conservative nature of Dave Wandstadt and the John Russell-like demeanor of Walt Harris.

I am looking forward to the Pitt opener this Saturday, and to the entire season ahead.

Go Panthers!

And on the subject of college football, while I will only hear the Pitt game on the radio, I do plan on being at Joe Walton Stadium on Saturday afternoon to watch the Robert Morris Colonials open their 2012 campaign against the Dayton Flyers.

Go Colonials!

No comments:

Post a Comment