Sunday, April 8, 2012

BUBBA!!


Congratulations to Bubba Watson on winning his first major championship today at the Masters.   I hope you all had a chance to see that remarkable, absolutely amazing shot from out of the woods onto the green on the second sudden death hole.  Absolutely no words to describe that one.  After pulling that rabbit out of his hat, he deserved to win.  Of course, you could say the same thing about runner-up Louis Oosthuizen after that double eagle on the second hole that put him in the lead right up to the 74th hole.


Anyway you look at it, an amazing Masters.  Very few of them are unmemorable.


As for my predictions, a decidedly mixed bag.  I was right in that an American won the event.  My entry of Woods-Mickelson-Bradley-Simpson-Mahan did not come through, and I will be settling family business with Big Poppy and "John Bocabella" very soon.  Hey, next time I offer you "the field", you should probably take the bet.


This morning I did predict a Mickelson victory, so I was wrong there, but I didn't I tell you to watch out for Bubba Watson?  So, I will take some credit for that prognostication.  If you don't believe me, just scroll down and check out the previous entry on this blog.


I will tell you one thing, watching the emotions being experienced by Watson both on the final green and in the Butler Cabin was really a joy.  Glad that he won!

No comments:

Post a Comment